Thursday, February 17, 2011

Too ta loo! :)

Well, even though I didn't think I'd really making this blog, it was pretty fun. I was expecting some crazy assignments and something I would definitely NOT like :b Maybe I'll be making my own blog to just ramble and keep as my own little journal!

What advice would I offer people writing a research paper?
Well, DON'T be a chelsea! Haha :) My advice is to think of your topic as soon as you learn about the requirements for your paper and ask the teacher if it is a good idea. Then start researching ASAP, even if its just a little bit at a time. That is the main concern you should worry about before anything. Without out an approved topic and a little research, the assignments required throughout the weeks will come by quicker than you think and you'll be very unprepared! Take notes, LISTEN to your professor and answer some of your questions on your own! These classrooms have final paper requirements under the course home that can answer almost any question you have :) I wait until last minute to write my ACTUAL paper, not do the research, but construct the paper. It usually drives me nuts, but I always get it done. I don't advise other people to take this approach, because it isn't the smartest! I say do a little at a time and take breaks often, soon enough your paper will be done before it is even due and you won't have even been stressed  because you worked on it over a period of time, rather than a period of a DAY!

(Also, make an outline. I ALWAYS struggled with outlines, but once I had to start making them to turn in for a grade, I found they really help. It is almost like your paper is done, you just have to add more details to the points you made. I love outlines and I love that my paper (or just my draft) gets done quickly and stress free!)

Finally, I wanted to thank all of you for making class more interesting! We've had some good conversations and "jam" sessions before class and we've made it through the whole term together :D I admit, some of it was a hassle, but I know I made it out alive! I wish all of you luck and thank you so much, Professor, for everything!

1 comment: